Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jordan- Day 1

So... Jordan was probably the sweetest place I have been to in the Holy Land thus far... yeah it was THAT COOL!  The only bad part about Jordan was the fact that there were SO MANY FLIES... like as soon as we crossed the border... BAM... FLIES!!!  They literally had no fear they'd land on your face and you could swat them away but they would be right back on you 2 seconds later, that was SUPER annoying but other than the flies it was great!  Jed Jones made a joke that the reason there were so many flies in Jordan was because they couldn't get a visa into Israel!
I think the greatness of Jordan was mostly because of Petra... but that comes later so for now here is my first day in Jordan!

So this is what Jordan looks like most of the time... piles of sand

This is where people say that Moses was able to look into the Promised Land (the land of milk and honey)... I don't know about you but I would have said God you have GOT to be KIDDING ME!

Jordanian Flag

Jordanian Barbies!!

So this is a mosaic map of the Holy Land in a church in Madaba

Left to Right: Mary, Me, Mikele, Erin

So I hiked all the way to the top of this mountain... go me!  This is actually where John the Baptist was beheaded... and no I didn't find his skull :p

ROOMIE PIC FINALLY... aren't we adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment