Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jordan- Day 3 and 4

So on the third day we went to the citadel in Amman, the Jabbok River (where Jacob wrestled with the angel), and Jerash, and a car museum, and a mosque... by this point I was EXHAUSTED Petra had totally worn me out but I really enjoyed the River... I have a weird affinity to water and I have really missed it since I am in the middle of a desert so seeing some rushing water was really nice!

So first we saw the Archeology Museum at the citadel in Amman... I will apologize now I only think the skeletons are cool...

So it was customary to bury infants that had died early in jars under the house so that they would always be with the family.  This also meant that the skeletons were perfectly preserved!

This modern cast of a skull that shows signs of ancient surgery practices and that the patient had survived the first surgery and the last three operations were less successful and the patient died shortly after.

The first sarcophagus was too BIG, second sarcophagus was too small, but this one was JUST RIGHT!

I just had to take a picture of this... a little piece of Pennsylvania... yes I know the citadel was also called Philadelphia

Everyone at the Jabbok River

Andrew and Kayla... love them!

Jabbok River

Me in my natural habitat

Lunch... one of the best I had in Jordan

Sweet art

Theater at Jerash

Hippodrome at Jerash

Kate and I were matching today!

So we went to the car museum... seriously a huge waste of time I think we only go because Professor Jackson loves cars and he didn't even come to Jordan with us..
Anyways I decided to make the trip worthwhile and find my favorite car or bike... turns out I'm an old school motorcycle chick!  

I only post this picture for David Farr... I thought he would enjoy this!!

So we were told we weren't allowed in the mosque but Cal somehow got us in!

The mosque also had a museum and this was part of the tree that Muhammad apparently sat under and had a vision... you can tell I was super tired by this point and I don't remember a lot

This was a grandpa and his grandson that went through the museum with us... so adorable

So later that night a group of us went to find wifi in Amman to find out how our families were doing in Super Storm Sandy... we found wifi in a cute little tea shop

The tea shop was decorated with chalkboards so I decided we needed to leave our mark

The artist with her work :p

DAY 4
So on my last day in Jordan we went to the theater in Amman and the Jordan River and had a sweet lunch!

This cross marked the center of the stage where the acoustics were the best... it has a 2-inch diameter... I can't believe my guide found it

We made it to the top!
Left to Right: Annie, McKenzie, Me, Liesel

They were taking a picture from the front but the backside was just as picture perfect... no pun intended

I HAD KFC FOR LUNCH!!!  Complete with spicy chicken tenders, fries, and pepsi with ice!



I was surprised how stagnant the water in the Jordan River was... it also had a TON OF FLIES

This was one of like ten pictures I took where there weren't any flies on my face or I wasn't waving a fly away...




No comments:

Post a Comment