Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jordan- Day 2- aka PETRA

So Day 2 was THE BEST DAY!!  We spent the day wandering around Petra... I spent most of the day rock climbing around Petra.  And... drumroll please... I RODE A CAMEL!!! Who gets to ride a camel?!  So freaking awesome!!
So I guess I should give a little history lesson before you see Petra...  Petra was built by the Naboteans by carving out buildings from the sides of the mountains.  Pretty ingenious I think!  Anyways that's about all you need to know so here it is!

This is at about 6am before we left the hotel I went up on the roof and took a sweet picture of the Petra Moon Hotel and the moon!

The Naboteans were really good at channeling water... this was a waterway carved out of the side of the cliff face!

This is the sikh or the narrow passageway leading into Petra... it reminded me a lot of the Narrows in Zion National Park.

 These are the camels I rode, their names are Lulu and Zuzu

I RODE LULU... I'm a natural camel rider!

Andrew and I in Petra

Sun coming through the mountains in Petra

So this is the Loo with a View... the bathrooms are literally inside a cave made of SUPER red stone... yes I did go to the bathroom in there and it was pretty sweet!

I decided to hike up to the Monastery with a bunch of people... 837 steps... it was quite the hike!

Monastery at the top... totally worth it!

Everyone that climbed up to the top!

So Will was taking a picture where he would do a handstand and clipped his eye on a rock... I FINALLY got to use my lifeguarding skills and I patched him up alright!  Dad you would have been so proud of me!  I promise a gorier picture later :p

This is the Tomb of the Kings... I spent a lot of time rock climbing here...  Cal, Jackson, and I climbed all the way to the top of the mountain above the tombs and saw some pretty awesome views!

I'm a climber I can't help it!

This was a SUPER rickety wood bridge we found and of course I had to go out and take a picture on it!

I'm most proud of this picture it pretty much describes what I did in Petra

View from the tippy top of the Tomb of the Kings... and my keens... thanks for sending them Mom I would have died without them... literally

The Treasury from the top of the Tomb of the Kings

The theater from the top of the Tomb of the Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment