Monday, November 12, 2012

That Big Gold Dome I See Outside My Window Every Day

Everyone is starting to realize here that we only have a month left in this wonderful Holy Land!  And as the semester winds down so do the classes!  We only have 2 classes now, which means a lot more free time for me to go explore this city!  At the top of my list has been the Dome of the Rock and the Ramparts Walk, so I decided to get it all done in one day!  Class ended at 10am and then Hollie, Skylar, Eric, and I went out for the rest of the day and this is what we saw!!

So apparently it’s a rule for the Jews that since they are unsure of exactly where the Holy of Holies is they aren’t allowed to go to the Dome of the Rock for fear of walking in a holy place… good thing I’m not a Jew!

DOME OF THE ROCK!!!





We stopped for lunch at a Schwarma place… not my best yet but still always so good!


After the Dome of the Rock we went on the Ramparts Walk which is a little path on top of the walls that surround Jerusalem, so 16 shekels ($4) later I found myself on top of the world looking down at my peaceful little Jerusalem!


Hollie and I


 I will proudly claim responsibility for the idea and the taking of this amazing picture!  Hollie and Skylar totally PDA-ing it up in the Old City… shhhh don’t tell Professor Kearl



 Jack I’m flying!

 These were the funky window slits in the wall


We stopped for ice-cold Pomegranate juice after quite a successful day!


Gosh I am gonna miss this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment