Monday, November 12, 2012

Eating My Way Through the Shuk


So if you walk about 45 minutes from the JC into West J you will find yourself in the Shuk, which is pretty much a HUGE market place where you can buy pretty much fresh anything!  Fresh meat, fresh fish, fresh fruit, dried fruit, fresh bread, fresh pastries… you get the picture!  My friends and I decided we needed something healthy to snack on so we went into the Shuk to find some dried fruit!  I got pineapple, papaya, apricots, strawberries, coconut, persimmons, and mangoes.  I also just HAD to get a fresh roll because who doesn’t LOVE BREAD?  It all tasted so amazing!  I have officially decided I have to live somewhere close to a market where I can buy my food fresh every day, it just seems like such an amazing way to live!

One of many long streets of the Shuk

Yummy spices

BREAD!!

Mouth watering pastries!

No comments:

Post a Comment