Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Abby and Abi


            So it has been a week since I have been in Turkey… it feels like a month I have been having so much fun!!  Well this week has been kind of hectic because I thought I had a paper due October 10th… it was actually minus a 0… so it was due October 1st.  Luckily I figured that out 3 days before it was due so I scrambled to get that done. 
            So this week we visited where David slew Goliath… I wish I could post videos of the skit we did and the song we sang… I promise I will one day… maybe I can do that at Hebrew University?  Well before I show you all my pictures I should preface them by saying I have made a new BEST FRIEND!!!  So the little girl in all the pictures is Abby Stratford.  Yes she is Invictus’s youngest daughter and yes we have the same name… hence why we became such fast friends!!  We spent the entire field trip together and I absolutely LOVED every second.  I want one just like her one day… J

So this is Abby Stratford... this is probably the moment we became besties!


So these are the Bell Caves, they were created by the Israelites as they harvest the limestone that was in them and used it to help plaster their underwater water reservoirs called cisterns.

 Little Abby at the Bell Caves, she has the sweetest smile ever, but this other face I just couldn't resist sharing with everyone!

So there are these dug out caves underground (called Dove Coves) where the Israelites kept doves that would send messages to other cities... Brother Judd also made it very clear that they used the poop that collected on the floors for fertilizer

So Abby may have been slowing me down... I was ok with that... but Invictus may have been getting annoyed and dangled her over his shoulder...

This is the dried up stream where David picked 5 stones to slay Goliath... no these aren't original stones because all the tourists pick up their own rocks so apparently they dump new ones in once the pickings get slim!

1 comment:

  1. That Abby is almost as cute as you were when you were four. Is she in your primary class?

    ReplyDelete