Thursday, October 18, 2012

Snorkeling in the Red Sea

So on Sunday (October 14) the whole class (minus one guy... which I will talk about in a bit) went snorkeling in the Red Sea.  Sometimes it doesn't really hit me how cool the things I do really are until after they are over... but that day was pretty awesome!!  BUT cool fun fact while standing on the beach at the Red Sea in ISRAEL, I could see across the sea to JORDAN, and then down the way I saw SAUDI ARABIA! Coolio!
So story about the guy who didn't go snorkeling... His name is Steven he is probably one of my best friends here in Jerusalem.  I bugged him for so long to go on the snorkeling trip with me but he refused, and it turned out for good reason!  After we left Steven started feeling sick and spent most of the day throwing up and feeling SUPER sick.  After a couple of hours of no improvement he got a hold of one of the few teachers in the center and had them take him to the hospital.  It turns out Steven had appendicitis!!  As we were bussing home from the Red Sea, Steven was going into surgery to have his appendix removed... CRAZY!  Call it luck or Holy Ghost inspiration we were all so glad that Steven was in the right place at the right time.  He is now home and definitely milking his surgery for all its worth... he has caught up on the sleep we are all desperately missing so I am currently feeling very jealous!  But I am just glad he is ok!
Anyways... here are all of my pictures from the Red Sea.  My roommate has a Go Pro Camera and let me take some underwater video so I promise to post those when I can!

People say this statue is Lot's Wife... definitely not, but its the story that counts.
I also enjoy Rachel's sleeping reflection in the window :)

Mikele and I got a huge kick out of these signs on the way.  We wanted to take a picture with us showing off our womanly curves next to it but we never got the chance so you will all just have to use your imaginations!

My first view of the Red Sea

A little bit better

Cutest picture of them all!

Left to Right: Sarah, Kaelynn, Ellen

MY BOYS!
Left to Right: Brad, Quinn, Michael, Will, McKay

Left to Right: Annie, Katherine, Laurann, Mikele, Me, Ellen

McKay and I

Brad and I... my other best friend here in Jerusalem!

Left to Right: Me, Kassie, Mikele

So we stopped at a restaurant for dinner and their decor theme were cows... so we had some fun!
Mikele and Aleesia... Aleesia is kinda confused

McKenzie milkin' the cow

Just don't even ask me what I was thinking...

McKenie the wild rider

Back to Front: Mikele, Me, McKenzie

I love people's attempts here to write English

I found Alta in the bathroom with a little TP tail... luckily I caught her before she left the bathroom

So this is Mikele and I with our bus driver Atta.. seriously the COOLEST man ever!!!
I was sitting in the aisle on the step next to the bus driver just watching the road, and I stuck up a conversation with him.  Turns out this guy reads the Quran for al-Aqsa Mosque (the mosque connected to the Dome of the Rock), he has also read at the Kabba in Mecca, the Blue Mosque in Turkey, and in cities like London, Dallas, and Quebec.  People pay for him to come read because he is just that good.  He’s like THE guy that reads the Quran in the Islam religion.  He also just has the greatest outlook on life.  He thinks life should just be enjoyed and be sweet... just a really cool guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment