Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Stop Sao Paulo... Next Stop CURITIBA!!!


So this post is for all of my wonderful MG’s that have been reading my blog.  On Tuesday September 25, 2012 my boyfriend Blake Farr… LEFT FOR THE MTC!!!!  I couldn’t be more proud!!  Surprisingly I haven’t really cried yet… maybe its just denial but for now I am just super happy for him!  I think it definitely helps that I am in Jerusalem. 
So on Tuesday I woke up at 3:30am to talk to Blake before he went to bed (him Monday night).  Then the next day I was supposed to talk to him after lunch, before Palestine.  Since I am in a different country I had to use a calling card… and they DON’T WORK!!!  This is the second type of card the center has tried to use so I spent most of the half hour I had to talk to Blake running around the center calling everyone to see if they could help me get the phone to work.  So I emailed him and we decided to talk after Palestine, and then that would be it.  So after Palestine I got on Skype and called him… this is blessing #1.  Here at the center we have horrible wifi the fact that I could spend an hour and a half video chatting with him without any problems was seriously the biggest blessing ever!!  I got to see his face and say goodbye to him and that I would be there when he got back.
I spent the rest of the day trying to stay super busy I played volleyball with some kids, ate dinner, emailed everyone there was to possibly email, and did some homework.  After homework I was feeling drained and about ready to cry so I went to get a snack at the snack shack.  When I got there they had just re-stocked and had DR. PEPPER!!!  It’s crazy how much I have missed Dr. Pepper, it was $2 for a can because apparently they have to import it from Britain but it was TOTALLY worth it… blessing #2!  So I was feeling super awesome as I started to walk back to my room.  A group of kids ran into me and started offering me freshly baked chocolate chip cookies… blessing #3.  Like seriously could this get any freaking better?  I started tearing up and getting squeaky and everyone hugged me it was awesome. 
Me and my British Dr. Pepper

So with my cookie and my Dr. Pepper in hand I went to go find Mikele, she has a boyfriend that has been out for 6 weeks.  We got to chat a little and it was really helpful to have someone right there that totally understood what I was going through… blessing #4.
The one thing that Blake told me before he left was that we would both be blest because of the mission that he was serving… he couldn’t be more right!
This morning I woke up to an email from his step-dad with a bunch of pictures of him at the airport, best morning surprise ever!  I love this boy so much and I cannot wait for him to come home so we can get married.  Life seriously could not get any better right now!!  

Blake with his Stake President and Bishop

Very last glimpse... GOODBYE!!!

I LOVE YOU BLAKE!!! 
SEE YOU IN 2 YEARS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Abi you're doing great! I'll be right there with every step of the way, just 6 weeks ahead. It'll be a great next two years! :)

    ReplyDelete