Friday, August 31, 2012

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?!

Ok so classes in general... are going to kick my butt!!  The readings are so long and they all blend together in my head because they are all about the same time period and the same piece of land and there is very little that doesn't overlap in my classes.
But before I talk about classes let me just tell you my awesome morning!!  So I got up at 5am... crazy I know, and I went and did some yoga and then I rowed a little bit... ok so I used a resistance band but its pretty much the same thing and I was proud of myself for figuring it out.  Then the JC was showing the BYU football game live!  It was so amazing to think that for about 45 minutes in my day I was watching a football game that was being played on the other side of the world.  Think about it.  So then I went back and showered and ate breakfast and then we get to classes...
So today we had double hours of two classes today, we decided it was like having a double potions class followed by a double transfiguration class... yeah we are Harry Potter nerds!
Religion wasn't so bad I knew and understood everything he was talking about so that was really nice... and it sounds like I got the easier of the two religion teachers for the most part, love Judd!
But then I went to Ancient Near East History... and I fell apart.  I was tired from getting up so early.  That class is only three credits, but it pretty much combines all of the geography, history, and archaeology that deals with the Holy Land so it should be like a nine credit class at least, I think. 
So after those miserable last two hours we had lunch and then had two meetings, one for security so we could finally leave the city and then one for our committees, I'm on the humanitarian one.  I felt so bad I am so interested in all of the service opportunities we had while at the JC but I was SOOOOOO TIRED!!!  So after that meeting I decided to not join everyone else who was going into the city (because most everyone else's meetings ended early and so most kids could go sleep for an hour before we were allowed into the city) and I went back to my room and napped til 4:30 I feel so much better! 
So now I am here in the computer lab, I read some homework for the field trip on Monday and then decided to write this!  Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I hope its pretty low key.
Tomorrow is Saturday but here in the Holy Land that is our Sabbath and Sunday is our "Saturday".  So I am going to be super cool and I think next Sunday I will head up to the beach in Tel Aviv and BUY some CAFFINATED beverage :p  Crazy Mormon I know!

1 comment:

  1. This from the girl who wanted to be a history major?! Come on, man!
    Yes, it's still a semester of college even though the last couple of days have felt like vacation. Hang in there! DO NOT NAP! You've got to stick it out and get yourself on the schedule and stay there. Exercising in the morning will help too. Hang in there!!
    Tell us about the service committee and what you can do.
    LOVE reading all of this...keep it coming!
    LOVE YOU!
    mom

    ReplyDelete